Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28, 2011 New Shoes

Here's something else that happened while I was neglecting this blog: I got new shoes.

It may sound funny, but wearing the right shoes is critical when running. Something that I found out the hard way. You see, when I started out running in early spring, I already had two pairs of "running" shoes that I had bought off the shelf. Both at Marshall's, I believe. Yeah, I know, it was about as relevant as going to a hardware store for fresh fruit. They were about $30 each. And they looked just fine. But as I ran more and more and the aches and pains grew less and less, I noticed that my ankles remained constantly sore after every run. I really felt it when I would stand up after being seated for a time. Even walking was hard. Ouch.

Eventually, I decided that it was time to be "fitted" for some new shoes. Ted, my running neighbor across the street, told me to go and ask for Matt at The Columbus Running Company in old Westerville. So, one rainy Saturday morning, I went there, met Matt, tried on about 20 different pairs of running shoes, and eventually settled on a great pair by Mizuno.

Long story short: After my very next run, no aching ankles. Nada. And they haven't hurt since.

Thank you, Ted and Matt. I am a believer in "the investment." And will never look back!


No comments:

Post a Comment