Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4, 2011 8.26!

I need to run farther. (Or is it further?) I found a half-training schedule on the Columbus Marathon web site that said that I should have reached 10 miles by the beginning of August. Oooof. I'm not even close. Of course, I rationalize, that schedule is for people who really want to place in their time category. I just want to finish, I tell myself. And that sounds just fine.

After all, this is my first half.

Still, I want to break 8 miles. So, on Thursday of last week, September 29 (I'm almost caught up with this blog), I head out. Down to Schrock. Across State to Otterbein Avenue and all the way up to McCorkle. I take a GU packet before heading out and, this time, have my new hand-held water bottle filled with Gatorade. The Gatorage helps. I can feel it removing the aches every time I take a swig. Very cool, the body. I finish the route just as the rain starts. 8.26 miles ... a new outside record! And when I stop I am NOT winded. A far cry from February.

I am now satisfied at where I'm at, feeling that I can run almost 2/3 of the half. "Race day" will have Gatorade stops, sections that I may walk, and enough adrenaline to fuel my fire.

I am ready! God keep me from injuries!



No comments:

Post a Comment